Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Mud, Glorious Mud!!

Hey - I managed to get out for a run a lunchtime and it was wonderful. I was running with someone that normally only does pavements and roads so I showed him one of the woodland runs near the office.

Well it was a wonderful run until we came to a track that a tractor had been using. What had been a compacted earth track was now a muddy bog. At this point most people would have said "Never mind" and turned around and gone another way. Not us 2 intepid runners, No we decided to go through it. My first stride wasn't too bad however with the next one I ended up ankle deep in ozzing mud! Of course by this time you've got to keep moving or else the bog gets you, so it was squelch squelch squelch until we cleared it. Sadly I don't think my running shoes will ever be the same again.

Ah well another 3 miles in a time of 25:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home