Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Treadmill training

I was planning to go outside for a run at lunchtime today but I got asked at short notice to show someone round the gym. So I decided I might as well stay in the gym and run on the treadmill. I can't stand running on a treadmill just for the sake of running it is so boring even a couple of minutes I find frustrating.

However all is not bad about treadmills. They are fantastic for doing targeted training session e.g. intervals or paced runs. Today was a paced run. If I want to run the marathon in sub 3:30 I will have to average just under 8 minutes per mile so todays session was about doing just that. A 1 mile warm-up followed by 2 miles at 8 min/mile pace then 1 mile warm-down. So this 4 mile session took me 33:55. This is far short of what will be needed to run a marathon but it is the start of getting my body (and mind) adjusted to run quicker than a gentle jog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home