Friday, October 08, 2004

Running Partners

Today's run was little over 4 miles at 34mins 44secs. I've been out running a couple of times with a colleague. I've found this very helpful as he bugs me into going for a lunchtime run and is also a lot faster and fitter than me. Well for the moment anyway.

Running with someone else can really help your training. This is particularly true of when you are doing a quicker run. I've always found it hard to keep going on quicker runs, I tend to wimp out and slow down when the going gets tough. When running with a training partner, especially someone better than you, they tend to keep the pace up forcing you to do the same. Although this is uncomfortable at the time it certainly builds up your stamina and speed to make you a better runner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home