Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Let the intervals begin

Today was the start of interval training albeit light interval training. It was time for the treadmill again. I had the session planned out:

1 Mile easy 10 Min/mile
4*400 metres @ 7 min/mile pace with 400 metre easy after each fast
1 Mile easy, so a total of 4 miles

The 400 metre rest was a bit excessive for what I was doing it should have been more like 100 metres but I didn't want to be into that kind of hard work at this stage. As it turned out I felt 7 min/mile was too slow so I up the pace to 6:40. I also used a tip from Runners World magazine ( http://www.runnersworld.co.uk ) to set the incline of the treadmill to 1%.

All in all I was pleased with myself and my knee doesn't seem to be to bad either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home