Saturday, January 15, 2005

I do like to be beside the seaside

As I right this entry I'm drinking a bottle of McEwans "Champion" which according to the side of the bottle is 7% ABV, so if I appear to start ramble aimlessly you know why!

Long Slow Run this morning the schedule said 13, I wanted to do 14, and ended up doing 15 miles. I was at a tradeshow yesterday up in London and had spent all day on my feet so I didn't want a particularly hard route today. After studying the OS map and ruling out most of the footpaths as they'll be nothing but mud just now I found a route that went off to the seaside. It involved a run down a quiet country road before coming out on the seafront. Then a couple of miles along the front before turning back inland and heading for home. The run along the shore made a nice change but wasn't really that insipring as it was a horrible grey day.

In the end I completed my run in 2hr 13min which is a fairly good time, but more importantly I don't seem to have had a recurrance of the foot problem I had after my 16 miler 2 weeks ago. Perhaps changing the long run shoes back to Asics has down the trick?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home