Saturday, January 08, 2005

Slow to Steady

I couldn't get on the computer last night (the wife was doing some window shopping or least I hope it was window shopping!) so there is 2 runs to report on.
Yesterdays was supposed to be 6 miles steady off-road but all the paths around here are just mud and not very good stuff to run on so it had to be on the pavements. My steady pace seems to have picked up dramatically in the last couple of weeks as yesterdays run averaged 7:35. This is encouraging though I mustn't get carried away with myself there is a big difference between 6 and 26.2 miles.
The difference was shown up this morning. In my running schedule the occasional Long Slow Run is replaced by a longish steady paced run. Today was one of those days. Where I had been doing 16 miles last week I was doing only 10 miles this week at a slow to steady pace. This should have been a fun run to do, the weather had other ideas. Most of the Gale/Storm force winds passed through during the night but there was enough left to make running a difficult experience. I hate running in the wind, you can't see it and its a constant battle to fight against it. I came the closest I have to just saying enough was enough and stopping. I actually changed my route just to get out the wind. All I can say is I was glad when it was finished it was an alround unpleasant experience. On the positive side it was a reality check a lot of hardwork lies between now anf the 17th April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home