Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day Run

There are a couple of nice things about running on Boxing Day.

1) You run off the Christmas Turkey
2) Its nice and quiet on the roads
and
3) You get to use your running related Christmas Presents

I was no exception. I persauded the wife that a Garmin Forerunner would be great thing for me to have for Christmas. If you are wondering what a Garmin Forerunner is its a GPS system for runners. I wasn't disappointed - OK she asked me to order it so that it was the right thing.
The run was planned to be a slow 10 miles but for once I hadn't planned the route because I would let my new gizmo tell me how far I had gone. I spent the first couple of miles constantly looking down at it to see how far I had gone and fast I was going. As this was my only long run of the week I decided to take the advice of a couple of running coaches I've read and ran the last couple of miles at marathon ( or a little quicker) pace to get used to the feeling of running at target pace on tired legs. It felt good to do this and is certainly more fun than the single speed long haul runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home