Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring

Another day off this time to take the kids to see Father Christmas. Of course no lie-in, the training run has to be done before anything else or something will come up and stop it happening at all.
Today was planned to be a steady 7 (well 6.85 measured by accuroute) miler along a route I've run a few times. Sadly the weather was not being kind. It wasn't cold but it was wet and windy, add that it was still dark and you have all the makings of an unpleasant run. And thats how it turned out. As it was a steady run I was aiming at a heart rate of below 160 and seeing what sort of time I would get. The route isn't particularly lumpy however the last 3 miles have a long slow incline and gentle undulatations. And of course no uphill section would be complete without the full force of the wind and rain in your face, Oh wonderful!
I managed to drag myself round in 56:39 which works out at about 8:16 min/miles. This time worried me. A steady run should be at marathon pace and this was over 16 secs a mile slower than that needed for a sub 3:30 marathon. I suppose I can put this down to the weather, lets hope its not raining or windy on marathon day.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home