Saturday, December 18, 2004

Passing 40

Today brought another training milestone, 40 miles in week. This was brought about by 2 runs. Yesterday's run was a bit of a nothing run. It was supposed to be a slow and easy 5 miles but the gale force winds put paid to any chances of it being easy. I suppose there was sone good thing to get out of it, the experience of running in inclement weather as all my other running has been done in mild conditions.
Today's run was long and slow, these runs have now got to the stage of where they just happen. The route is worked out the day before and I just plod along it. The route is mostly a variation on a theme. This can be useful as mentally I know that once I turn a particular corner I'm nearly home OK nearly home means 5 miles still to run but its something I'm familar with and can grind out if I need to. Today was a little harder but this is probably because I didn't get to bed until gone 1 this morning and was up at 7:30 for the run.
I've rewarded myself with the day off from my recovery run tomorrow and a nice bottle of Youngs christmas pudding beer which I'm drinking right now. The nose will be firmly to the grindstone next week.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 am, Blogger James said...

Congrats on reaching a good milestone in your training sounds like things are going well for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home