Thursday, December 09, 2004

Katharine

I did something really stupid this morning. I e-mailed my former running partner (Katharine) and asked her if she wanted to out for a run at lunchtime - She said yes. For most people this wouldn't be a problem but for me this is trouble. In the time since we ran together I've put on a lot of weight, she has lost some, I've got slower, she's got faster a lot faster! There was a time that I could beat her over 10K be draw at 10 Miles and she would beat me at anything longer. Not now, she recently ran a 10 Mile race in 62 Minutes! That's a pace faster than I used to be able run a 10K in.
The route wan't going to help a long slow incline followed by a quick down followed by a long climb. In total it was seven miles. The start and end were easy enough as we now work in different places so had to meet up. The bit in the middle was hard work! There is method to my madness and that is I have to work very hard and push myself to limits I can't go on my own, over time this will make me a much stronger runner.
Katharine will also be running FLM so we will be arranging weekly runs to compare progress, in some masochistic way I'm looking forward to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home