Thursday, December 02, 2004

Swapping Days

Today was supposed to be my rest day but I didn't get a chance to go running yesterday. I had to queue up at the local leisure centre at 6:45 in the morning to book youngest onto a swimming course and my boss had has staff meeting at 12:30 so lunchtime run either. An evening run was out because of other family commitments. So I decided to take yesterday as rest and today as a run day.

I know I said I wouldn't mention the cold a couple of weeks ago but it was rather "parky" at lunchtime and I was doing hill reps so plenty of scope to pull or tweak something. I was however a good boy and did a nice warm-up jog and some streching before the sprints. I've found a new hill (well gentle slope actually) that is perfect, its almost 400 metres long, tarmaced and quiet. Today was only 4 reps but I was very pleased when I did all my times within a second of each other, showing that I'm running at an even pace. To round things off today I had a visit to the Sports Massuer for a "tune-up" as he put it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home