Monday, December 20, 2004

Nose to the treadmill

What a way to start the week. I found myself inside the gym at 7 this morning on a treadmill thinking what I'm doing here? The answer was the running week was fairly well broken by Christmas events and I needed to get my running when I could. The shock was even greater this morning when the session was Mile repetitions, 4 of them to be precise. By the time the warm up/down and rest periods where thrown in it was 7 miles in total. The first 2 were hard work not only run at 6:40 but on a 1.5% incline. After the 2nd I realised I wasn't going to cope with the speed and the incline. As the session was about speed and a track is flat the incline went. This made the session bearable - just! By the time I had finished I felt that I could face this afternoons Christmas lunch with a clear conscience.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 pm, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

and was it a good meal??

 
At 7:44 am, Blogger RobW said...

Very Nice, though a bit stuffed afterwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home