Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Make the chocolates go away!

The tin of chocolates in my area was finished off at the weekend which was good as it meant there would be now temptation for those with a sweet tooth. Unfortunately one of my work colleague brings in a carrier bag of sweets and pours them into the empty tin and says "Some more sweets to be going on with". I fought a valiant but in the end hopeless battle to keep my hand out of the tin. I'm beginning to think there should be a law against all these tins of sweets being brought into the office.
It was with some relief that lunchtime came and I could get going out for a run. One thing was apparent when I stepped out of the building. It was cold, not very cold but the sort of cold that had you wishing you had worn running tights rather than shorts and perhaps a 2nd top. The run itself was very pleasant a nice easy 4 and a bit miles of recovery after yesterday's intervals session. I was very pleased that my heart-rate kept well within the targets I had been aiming for limits despite a couple of inclines. These runs have become the fun runs of the training program. They are not hard work (there not supposed to be) and neither the distance or the time is that important so a relaxing time can be had. That's more than can be said for tomorrows planned 7-miler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home