Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

First run of the new year and it was the longest I've done to date, 16 and a bit miles. The last 2 miles were the toughest I was really suffering. I had been planning a 16 mile run for over a week and was determined to complete the run running not walking. This was put sorely to the test when my garmin bleeped to say I had reached 16 miles I was really tempted to stop and walk. I've not felt like this before. About the only thing that made me keep going was I could look up and see the house at the end of the road.
I may have an explaination to feeling like this - due to Christmas I had moved a couple of runs around, delaying last weeks longish run to the Sunday. The effect is that I've run 50 miles in the past 7 days, 7 days of late nights and early starts. Not the best of ideasgood. I also seem to have a sore foot, though I'm hoping its just tired foot muscles. An early night is called for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home