Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Running Acquaintence

"There's somebody in the changing rooms wanting to go out running with you" was the message I got from my broken training partner. There was a new chap that had just transfered to the office and wanted to find out where the running routes were. When I met a runner like this I'm always a bit wary because I don't know what their expectations are. So I asked him if he did a lot of running. He said "Oh a little about 40 or 50 miles a week". I was planning to do a 7 mile steady and he was happy with that.
The first mile showed this guy was a bit quicker than me, OK probably a lot quicker than me if you put his mind to it. My target pace was 8 min/mile when it got down 7:30 min/miles I had to say that I was going to slow down a little as today was supposed to be an easier run. He didn't mind after all he needed me to find his way back to the office. Things settled down into a nice pace after that, not slow but not too quick either just perfect for a steady pace.
He's away for the next couple of days but we plan to get out next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home