Wednesday, October 13, 2004

If you go down to the woods today

Someone in the office has mapped out several running routes through the woods next to the office, so I decided to try one. A nice easy 3 miler as I'd been doing intervals yesterday and its an increase in the number of runs I'm doing a week from 3 to 4.

The run started off very nice in amongst the trees and ferns with maybe a light shower. I followed the route round only getting lost once and then suddenly came to a stream. The stream didn't worry me it was only 18 inchs across, it was the 3 foot deep 4 foot across valley that worried me. I could try and jump it but the far side was just a mud slope and I didn't fancy my chances of not ending face down in the mud, or worse. Discretion got the better of valour and I decided to hop down into the stream and climb up the other side. The rest of the run just became one large muddy path after that.

I think I'll avoid the woods until spring now, just to muddy to be enjoyable anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home