Saturday, January 22, 2005

I need a running partner

Long slow run this morning 16 miles by the time I got home, but the last 2.5 miles where a real struggle. I don't know why my pace was fairly much in line with the rest of the run so I don't think I hit the dreaded wall. If anything I was mentally done-in, I suppose after spending 2hr 20 wandering round the streets on your own you do go a bit gaga. So I think I need to find a running partner to keep me company on my LSR or else the men in white coats may be coming for me. Trouble is I don't know anyone that does that kind of distance on a Saturday, most people do there long runs on a Sunday. Perhaps I should just get measured up for that nice white jacket that buckles up at the back.

2 Comments:

At 6:30 pm, Blogger James said...

Hope you can find someone to run with, it might not be as hard as you think to find someone who also runs on a saturday, i might switch mine over as well.

If you cant, well goining mad isnt that bad once you get used to it! In the final few miles I often find myself doing strange things to keep my mind of the aches and pains. Recently I have been singing an old song about a baby sardine from my early school days. As long as I dont start to sing out aloud I am quite content in my madness.

Just in case you want to join in thw words are as follows:

A baby sardine saw her first submerine,
She was scared and looked through the peep hole,
Oh come come come said the sardines mum
Its only a tine full of people

and repeat until you find yourself back at home again. I have to go now the doctors say my time is up...

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger RobW said...

Nice one james, glad I'm not alone in my insanity

 

Post a Comment

<< Home