Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Beginning to misfire?

What : 1K Reps
Time : 54:41
Distance : 11Kms

Early start in the gym but not as early as it should have been. Beat out the prescribed intervals without any real problems. However things are not looking good for the training program in general.

I've been very lucky with my training so far. I've been able to train consistently, stay injury free and enjoy the experience. That may come to a rather abrupt end.

I've still got a niggle in my left hip. I'm hoping it is the early signs of worn shoes and a new pair of shoes will put a stop to it.
Work has gone absolutely ballistic - I'm off to the States at the weekend and don't really expect to get any serious training done. I may even have to go again in the next couple of weeks. If I'm not travelling I have a major software build to get of the door between now and the marathon
Domestic pressures are starting to build up. MrsW commented that all I seem to do is come home empty my bag and start packing it again. Nothing else seems to get done. I suppose travelling out on Mothers day isn't helping either.

Perhaps like a lot of other FLM runners, I'm suffering the mid-training blues. I must look on the bright side. I've built up a good base and should be able to take the occasional knocks. Hey it wouldn't be proper training without something going wrong!

3 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Fingers crossed that everything works out and that niggle is shoes related.
Do you design software?

 
At 9:52 pm, Blogger RobW said...

Massuer thinks its a tight quad muscle, so lots of streching for me.

Yes - I'm the chief software bod for the air traffic control system at Swanwick.

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

impressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home