Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Warp Core back online!

Sounds like something out of Star Trek but I suppose it is a good analogy to describe this mornings session. As I said yesterday today was 1 mile reps and that means the treadmill. Back to the fast stuff after a lazy day yesterday.

As this week is an easy week it was only 3 reps instead of 4 I had 2 weeks ago. I also heeded the schedule and took the full 4 minutes jog recovery between reps. The first rep started badly and I felt as if I wanted to just get off but I need to be of tougher stuff so I persevered. Things got better. 2nd Rep was much smoother, the 3rd was hard work at the end but then I expected that. By the time I'd finished with the Warm down I'd covered 6 miles in 46:50, not bad considering.

The Bramley 20 official results are now available and I recorded 2:35:39. I was perusing another RW Blog about Bramley from WS Susie and her thoughts on the Bramley 20. A very knowledgable person ( I must add here blog to the links at the side ). She faced the same dilemma as myself regarding pace training run pace or marathon pace. I ran mine at marathon pace because I had to have confidence in my ability to run and the pace and for prolonged periods but faced the prospect of being slow and sore for a while. Given today's performance I got away with it but not by much...

1 Comments:

At 10:31 pm, Blogger RobW said...

Oh No he's welded the hot tap closed! What shall we do now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home