Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Happy Birthday to me


Today is the 15th anniversary of my 21st Birthday. MrsW and the little W's bought me some nice running presents. Present

I got a Bright Yellow Brooks running jacket, a couple of long sleeved tops and a pair of running gloves. So with all this new cold weather gear I can confidently predict it will get warm soon.

Unfortunately I still have to work and run ( or is that run and work ), so I bought a whole stack full of cakes for the office and went to work.

The lunchtime run was a dull affair. It was cold and light snow showers and I really had to drag myself out to do it. I cheered myself up a little by wearing my new jacket which is lovely. The run itself was supposed to be an easy 6-8. I did 7.6 in about 1hr 6min but never felt happy. I'm coming to hate my easy runs, their no fun. There is no challenge of going a long distance or any zip to them, they just have to be done.

Got back to the office and went for a shower only to find that the Ice Bath Manic calling himself Aim High must have interfered with the hot water supply. There was no Hot Water! The showers only did cold or VERY COLD. I wasn't very amused, I am definitely not going for an Ice Bath after that experience.Cold Water

2 Comments:

At 9:32 am, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Happy birthday to you!
Running pressies for cold weather ... have fun trying it all out!!
Pix
PS Well done at Bramley!!

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger beanz said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday

And you are even younger than me!

In fact being the oldest amongst this blogging mob (I think) I reserve the right to be slowest too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home