Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sports Massage

I visited a Sports masseur yesterday to have a bit of work down on my knee and legs in general. His opinion is my knee problem is a ligament strain, which I think is good news. Its actually getting slowly better, perhaps because I'm building back up the strength in my legs. I'm planning to have a massage every couple of weeks to try and make sure any aches and pains don't become anything worse.

My workmates are beginning to think I'm a bit odd, yesterday lunchtime it was raining but I ran outside, today it was a nice dry day but I ran inside on the treadmill. I tried to explain to them I wanted to do a paced run and I'm not yet up to the standard where I can do that on my own. They didn't get it so I left them shaking their heads.

Anyway my lunchtime run was another 4 miler, but it is the 3rd day in succession that I've been running. I can't remember the last time I ran 3 days in a row. The reason for the treadmill was that I wanted to do a Tempo run where I do a warm up mile then 2 miles at about what my half marathon pace would be (something like 7:20 min/miles) followed by a mile warm down. These are in fact one of the core sessions of any training schedule, some I'm quite glad I got through it without any serious problems.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home