Monday, October 25, 2004

Hills and Shoes

I've got a couple of days off so I'm running in the morning instead of my usual lunchtime runs. For this mornings run I decided I'd better start doing some hill sprints to get my speed up. Hill sprints aren't normally long, about 150 metres for this morning, but as their suggests they are done at a sprint, with a walk/jog back before repeating the lung busting experience. I was quite pleased with myself when I managed 5, however I knew I had been running.

To celebrate I took myself off to the local running shop, as opposed to sports shop, to get a new pair of shoes. My old shoes are a pair of Asic Gel Nimbus and serve me well and I was planning to get a new pair. However the shop assistant introduced me to the new Mizuno Wave Creation put them on my feet and asked me to do a quick run up and down the street. They were fantastic, better than my Asics. I'll be giving them their first proper run-out tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home