Wednesday, January 26, 2005

1 K reps

This is starting to get tough. Wednesday is normally the end of my 6 days of running, so the effort is beginning to tell. Today was a case in point, early morning start on the treadmill for a 6 * 1K repetitions at 4min/k pace. First couple of repeats were OK but by number 3 it was getting hard work. It was at this point that I have to start keep motavating myself by say things like " half way through", "last minute" and "last 100 metres". By the time I got to number 5 it was countdown to finish and then the "I've come this far I'm not giving up now" determination starts to kick in. So I got to the end knowing that I'm not running tomorrow and can relax a little.
One downside I seem to have a sore left hip, having down a bit of research it may be my ITB tightening up - I've also got a bit of outer left knee pain which would tally. Luckily I'm off for a massage tomorrow - Rest day has come just in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home