Saturday, January 29, 2005

Marathon in 2 days

I'm glad todays run is over. Since I had a close look at my training schedule yesterday and todays run have stood out. I have covered 26.5 miles in 2 runs on back to back days. Todays contribution was 17.2 miles today as my weekly LSR (Long Slow Run) in a fraction over 2hr30. This is the furthest I have to run in succesive days with the exception of the weekend in which I have my longest training run of 22 Yikes miles in late mid March

I seem to have got through my LSR it in reasonably good shape. Perhaps this is because I changed my fuelling arrangements. I've been reading a couple of threads at Runners World and it became apparent that I wasn't taking in enough carbohydrate during the run. I've been running my LSR with 1 gel at 10 miles and then hanging on. Today I tried 1 gel after an hour and another 45 mins after that. Coupled with me having a bowl of ready break before I went out seemed to keep me going in much better. I was sore when I got back but not exhausted. For this effort I do have a reward next week is an easy week, no LSR and no Steady runs, just a couple of speed sessions and some gentle recovery runs. I'm looking forward to that.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one! Enjoy your easy week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home