Monday, January 31, 2005

Stress levels are high

Today has not gotten off to a good start, I was late to bed last night after the internet connection at home seemed to pack up - taking last nights blog entry with it and upsetting "She who must be obeyed" ebay watching. I had planned to do an early morning session on the treadmill, but couldn't get out of bed in time.

OK do the session at lunchtime - No, We are handing over a software build to test today and as Chief Software Bod I get asked to sort out any last minute problems. Guess what someone had a problem! OK problem sorted ( must remember to bury the bodies later :-) ) but its now 12:30 and I'm starving and I don't fancy doing 10 *400m at the moment, decide to make use of the fact its my easy week and give myself the day off and plan my running for the rest of the week.

Tuesday 8 miles slow to steady - should be able to do that as nothing on my calendar at the moment. If I get up in time I may even do what was supposed to be today's session instead.

Wednesday 2 miles easy 2 miles brisk 2 miles slow - Uh Oh, Boss has a meeting at 12:30 so no lunchtime running. Morning ain't any good got to go to the boys school for 8am, evening blocked by kids social diaries.

Thursday 5 miles easy Nothing in Calendar should be able to do that, might move my brisk run in there - quality run and all that.

Friday 10 miles easy - Interviewing all morning and through lunch, may have to run into work, but got to be home pronto in the evening.

Saturday Rest - Its Mrs W birthday (front digit changes as well!), run on that day and I will die a painful and horrible death.

Sunday 5 easy - Should be able to fit this in somewhere.

Maybe I will be able to salvage something from this week, keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 pm, Blogger RobW said...

Leon - Your right. There is no way that every run of a schedule can be done. I just like to have an idea of what I am supposed to be doing and why. My replanning has allowed me to ensure the important runs get done.

I don't think however that I would be able to cope with shift work. That takes dedication!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home