Saturday, March 05, 2005

I gave up

That's right I was running along and I just gave up and stopped. To make it worse I had already done 20.5 miles of what was supposed to be a 22 mile run. There was nothing wrong with my running I don't think I had hit the wall I just stopped running and started walking. I did try to start running again but just couldn't get myself going again.

When I got home I was disappointed with myself, but MrsW came up with a couple of excuses to make me feel better.

I was late to bed (Been at a retirement dinner - but no alcohol for me!)
Didn't have pasta for dinner
I ran along the sea front for a couple of miles (its always windy)
Spent the last 4 miles slogging away into the wind.

Maybe these did contribute, but I'm worried that I lack the mental strength to keep going. Maybe I'll take a couple of days off and recharge my batteries and come make refreshed.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 am, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Hey you - I'm with the Mrs on this one. The wind can take one heck of a lot out of someone.
London will be a breeze 'cos the atmosphere and crowds will pull you along and you won't notice those last miles!
Pix

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger RobW said...

Pix - Thanks for encouragment. I got a good nights sleep last night and I'm in a much better mood today.

In hindsight it was a poorly planned finish to a run.
Into the wind
Along a very busy main road
and then going through the town centre.

I'll learn, I hope.....

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger RobW said...

Leon - Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home