Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Two for the price of one

For some reason I forgot to post last night so I'll have to bore you with 2 runs today instead. Yesterday morning's run was another slow easy one, which was only supposed to be 3 miles but turned into 3.5 but who is counting? My running log actually. I did however use my new Mizuno Wave Creations and they were great, not a single problem and I had a definite spring in my step. Another couple of shortish runs and I can start using them in anger.

This mornings run was a different kettle of fish. This was the Brisk/Threshold run. In the past I've done these on a treadmill but I ventured outdoors for this one. The run was tough, but then its supposed to be coming at the end of 3 days of running. I started off slowly enough for my warm up which didn't last half as long as it should off, before hitting the accelerator. I managed to hold on for about 4 miles before having to slow down. The good news is that I averaged less than 8 min/miles for the 5 miles (inc warm up/down). This is the pace I need to be for a sub 3:30 marathon, only need to add another 21.2 miles....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home