Tuesday, November 02, 2004

In the Gym

Today was a short recovery run of 3 miles.

I read on Hal Higdons site that these are the ideal runs to combine with a bit of light strength work and stretching and one of his suggestions was to use a treamill then go straight onto the weights machines and finish off with some stretching. I followed his advice to the letter. I did my 27 minutes of running then did some shoulder weights and then some leg work. The thing that was stressed is this shouldn't be a big iron pumping event, it should only be about 60% of the maximum you can lift and done often (2 sets of 12 reps). I washed this done with some stretching.

Tomorrow will be one of the testing sessions 2 mile warm-up then some hills and a 2 mile wam-down. Something to look forward too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home