Saturday, November 06, 2004

Running for Anthony Nolan

I've always said that I wanted to run FLM for myself and that I would never take a Golden Bond charity place as the pressure of having to raise the money and do the training would be too much. I did however decide a couple of weeks ago that I would use my place as an opportunity to raise some money for charity, especially as I have my own place there is no minimum amount to raise. So the question was which one? My cousin is recovering from leukaemia so it was going to be one of this group of charities. In the end I let her decide which one it should be. Her answer came back straight away - Anthony Nolan, the Bone Marrow matching organisation.

I think running for a charity will help in my determination to run the marathon as if I fail I won't only be letting myself down but a whole lot of people needing bone marrow donors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home