Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Nemesis

What: Steady Run
Distance: 9 miles
Time: 1:07:36

Today was another physcological boost. I ran a route that I have always struggled with in the past. Its my longest lunchtime run and at the halfway point there is a slope that just seems to go on and on. Its not steep and its not particularly long but I've always had problems with it in the past. Maybe its because it comes after 3 miles of flat or slight downhill that I've pushed to hard on, but I always want to give up on it. "Not today Zurg" - came round the corner saw the slope and thought is that all it is and carried on my merry way up it.

Looking at the electronics after the run tell an interesting story, after the slope I couldn't get my pulse back down however my speed remained good and I didn't feel that bad during the run. Maybe my body is actually growing accustomed to long durations at race pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home