Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Addicted to the treadmill?

I was on the treadmill again today. This time for a harder tempo run, where I build up the pace before running at 10K pace for half a mile or so. The run itself was for 4 miles but I started thinking about how I'm becoming far too attached to the treadmill, if I did my normal training routine I would be doing 12 miles on a treadmill this week compared to 15 miles outside. This isn't right I need to discipline my mind as well as my body. I need to run at a pace because I feel comfortable at it, not because a machine is making me go at a pace.

I was quite relieved when I had a look at my training plan and found that it was suggesting a comfortable run for Friday. This is good news as it means I can take off for the road on Friday and just run. I may even try and find some new routes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home