Saturday, November 13, 2004

Half way to the peak

Today marks 2 milestones in my training program. The first is that I am doing half the mileage per week (28 this week) that I will be doing at the peak of my training (56) and the 2nd not surprinsingly given the first is that my long run, it was 11 today, is more than half way to been the length needed at the peak of training. I've also noticed some changes in my fitness. Normally I struggle to keep my heart rate down on my long run but I didn't have any problems today. Another good sign is that my long runs are beginning to be a little quicker in pace but not any harder in effort. The last probably the most important is that I am enjoying my running again!

All in all this has given me a good feeling that I'm not only going to run the marathon but run it well.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 pm, Blogger James said...

Sounds like its going great for you! Always wonderful to find you can do better with less effort, and to enjoy your running is probally even more important. Its still months away to April but I cant wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home