Friday, April 15, 2005

Final Thoughts

This is my last post before the big day. MrsW and I are traveling up to London Fairly early tomorrow so that I can get registered.

It doesn't seem that long ago that I got my letter telling me I would be accepted into the marathon, but the time has gone the training has been done. I've just looked at my running log, since I started training back in September I have covered 910 miles. Only 26.2 miles now stands between me and finishers medal. I feel good and I'm looking forward to the off. I expect Sunday to hurt but I have a mantra that I will repeat when it gets tough "Pain is only temporary, failure is forever"

With a lot of help from some relatives I have raised £973 of sponsorship for Anthony Nolan, though I would like to especially thank someone in Glasgow for donating £250.

I'd also like to say thanks to the people that have left comments , especially Pixie, Laura and of course the Mr Iceman, Leon

To everyone taking part Good Luck and enjoy your day

Robert

1 Comments:

At 3:59 pm, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

and ....?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home