Thursday, March 24, 2005

No Stretching

Update from my massage today.

It seems the whole area around the top of my left hip is very tight. So I was treated to a through rub down and some ultra sound to try and free things up and help recovery on its way. Richard (the massuer and ex-runner) reckons that I've actually got an inflammation where the one of the muscles is trying to tear itself off the bone.

And the last thing you want to do in this situation is .....

Yes you've guessed it Stretch! This only aggravates the matter.

The good news is that things are feeling better after the massage and ultra sound. Running won't be an option for another couple of days. I'm however allowed to cycle and use a cross trainer. So I should be able to maintain my cardiovascular fitness. I'll get the road bike out of the garage and go for riding for a couple of hours. Just need to avoid big hills, oh beep I live in Hampshire which isn't exactly flat. Some careful route selection required....

1 Comments:

At 8:12 pm, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

did you get out?
Did you/
Bet you didn't beat my 53m!!
Nah you're too sensible!
Pix

 

Post a Comment

<< Home