Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Still sidelined

Still can't run, though I did try for a couple of miles on the treadmill (out of sheer frustration I hasten to add)

Really going through a time of uncertainty. Will I or Won't I be fit? I have been putting pressure on myself about the weekends LSR. It was planned to be 22 miles. I feel I need to do this because I gave up at 20 miles 3 weeks ago and also I need to know my hip will take it.

Thanks to the Sub 3:30 thread at RW, I'm beginning to realise that I shouldn't worry about this. One long run isn't going to make a difference. I have 2 20 milers under my belt plus 5 others that are at least 15 miles each. Bruce Tulloh has a rule of thumb for faster marathon runners, a category I hope I fall into, that says the longest 5 runs should add up to 100 miles. Well mine add up to 92.2 probably close enough.

As it happens I've had a couple of strokes of luck.

1) Managed to get an appointment to have a massage done on my hip tomorrow. If need be I could probably get some ultrasound on it as well.

2) Found a sport ice pack in the freezer compartment of the fridge at work which seems to have been there for a while. Needless to say its being put to use now!

And I've still got 24 days to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home