Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Impulse Engines Restored

What : Shakedown
Distance : 4.4
Time : 36:25

Pain free for the first day in several weeks so I decide to go out for a gentle jog at lunchtime. Alright when I say pain free I mean only an occasional twinge but nothing when walking or going up stairs. Everything was OK for the first 3 miles then the hip started aching. Took the hint and headed home. Was fine once I stopped but was iced a couple of times during the afternoon as precautionary measure.

That was yesterday I'm glad to say that the improvement has continued today. I did however decide not to risk a speed session, I'm so close to being back to fitness that I wasn't going to risk it. I opted for intervals on the exercise bike instead. That nearly finished me off!

Here was me minding my own business working really hard on the pedals and the seat decides to slip down to the bottom with a clang! The only thing stopping me following was the fact I was pushing so hard on the pedals I pushing myself back up. Anyway I managed my 20 min interval session plus a cool down period without injury so that is a plus. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day and that is exactly what it will stay as. On the whole today is the first day I have felt really positive about FLM in a month, I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it!!

3 Comments:

At 1:06 pm, Blogger Evil Pixie said...

{wipes tear from eye} So pleased for you!

 
At 3:06 pm, Blogger RobW said...

Leon - Localised icing is very acceptable, sitting in a freezing cold bath most certainly isn't!

Final decision to run will be taken on Saturday but so far it is all looking OK.

 
At 9:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!

Big grin for you. Now try not to overdo it in the last ten days.

Good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home