Sunday, April 10, 2005

No No Not the Ice Bath

What : Last longish run of training
Distance : 9.75
Time : 1:17:09

I'm a day behind again, but yesterday's run went well. I spent 5 minutes warming up on the exercise bike to ensure any tightness got loosened up before setting out. Once I set out everything went more or less to plan. 1st mile was deliberately slow as it will be on the day, then then gently up to marathon pace and finished off with a quicker couple of miles.

I've decided that since I've effectively lost 4 of the past 5 weeks of training, trying to show off and get a fantastic time is only going to end in failure. I am stilling aiming for sub 3:30, but just 3:29:59 would do lovely. With this in mind I've adjusted my steady pace to be about 7:55. This is marginally faster than needed for a 3:30 but will allow me to recoup the minute or so I expect to down in the first mile and a bit.

The marathon pace was OK but I struggled to do the quicker miles and was a bit worried when my right hip ached at the higher speeds going up hills. Again I took the hint and backed off the pace and went back to my marathon pace.

The aching hip worried me a little, so as a precautionary measure I made a great sacrifice. I ran myself a bath, but without the hot water - cold only. I would have put some ice in it but there wasn't any in the freezer. I then proceeded to sit in the bath for 15 minutes getting some sarcastic comments from MrsW which I won't repeat here.

Anyway it is now all systems go for the 17th and boy am I looking forward to it.

PS its now 16:12 BST on Sunday when do you think Leon (AimHigh) will make a comment about the ice bath? Answers on a comment to the usual address.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 day, at the most.

But can I say something about the ice bath as well.

You are mad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home